Spokane, WA asked in Criminal Law for Washington

Q: How can I get this 4 degree assault charge dropped?

For 3 months she has harassed me,Things built up Her & 7 yr old chanting 30+ TIMES MAKE HER MOVE,OVER & OVER I was having a hard day with my illness and talk to "other" people & myself,I found her standing at my door recording me and taking pictures,which the phone was shoved in my face.I politely asked her to please move it away,& then again,In self defense I squeezed honey on her to move I,she charged me with assault,,How do I get this dropped .I was in my apt by myself venting with 20.000 different voices she has done this 4 x..I don't know her but she stands by my kitchen window and records me and makes comments

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick Owen Earl
Patrick Owen Earl
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Moses Lake, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: This sounds like a very frustrating situation. The prosecutor is the only person that has the authority to dismiss a criminal offense. You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you and see whether he could persuade the prosecutor to dismiss. This isn’t easy! This is why you hire someone that has experience because these type of arguments or negotiations are delicate! Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.