Buford, GA asked in DUI / DWI, Products Liability, Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Georgia

Q: how do i go about getting damages to my vehicle fixed or at least compensated?

If i were the victim in a hit and run accident, and made a police report at the scene and whom they later arrested

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles  Scholle
Charles Scholle pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Duluth, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I’m glad to hear they found the hit and run driver. There should be an amended accident report from the resulting arrest with the driver’s information and their insurance company. You can file a claim against their auto insurance carrier to get compensated for your vehicle and injuries as a result of their carelessness. If the officer discovered there was no valid insurance at the time, you can file an Uninsured Motorist claim using your auto insurance, providing that coverage is listed on your policy. Your coverages can be determined by referring to your Declarations Page or by speaking to your insurance agent. If you have injuries relating to the auto accident, a GA Personal Injury Attorney can be beneficial to your case to maximize your benefits.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.