Concord, NH asked in Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire

Q: Could I file a medical malpractice against doctors who did the wrong test on my arm.

There were two orders in my file, one for my lower arm and one for my entire arm. They did the one for my lower arm. Two years later I had the test done at another facility, and they did the correct test that showed i had nerve damage.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A New Hampshire attorney could advise best, as elements such as statutes of limitations are state-specific in med mal cases. But your question remains open for two weeks. An issue that could arise is the extent of damages suffered as a result of not diagnosing nerve damage in the original test - as well as showing that there were not intervening factors in the two year period. Those are determinations that a medical professional, and not an attorney, would be qualified to make. You could reach out to med mal attorneys to discuss. Most firms offer free initial consults. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.