Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

New Hampshire Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on

Q: My husband is in need of surgery for a golf ball size tumor is being sent to Boston. We just found out about this tumor

4 days ago. Apparently, 6 months ago when he went to ER for same symtoms the CT scan showed the rumor then only it was 1 cm smaller. We where never informed about the tumor then. Had we been told then it may have had a different outcome as far as dynamics of surgery or treatments. Is this something... Read more »

Israel Piedra answered on Aug 2, 2017

Yes. You should certainly talk to an attorney. This is a possible case of medical malpractice, though of course a lot more investigation is necessary.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on

Q: The doctors gave me narcan and thought I overdosed when i have never done any opiates....can i sue?

I had smacked my head and was unconscious and had a concussion and bleeding in my brain. I didn't overdose like they assumed.

Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 22, 2017

If something bad happened by their not doing wha they should have possibly. Consult a member of the NH Assn for Justice--they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on

Q: Can I sure the hospital for giving me narcan when I have never done any opiates? I had a concussion & brain hemmorging.

Israel Piedra answered on Feb 22, 2017

Call an experienced malpractice lawyer if you think you may have a claim. Abramson, Brown & Dugan in Manchester have a reputation as the best in the state for medical malpractice.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on

Q: I have a question on weather what happened to me would be considered medical malpractice.

On my yearly physical, I expressed concern to my doctor about a specific part of my body. He assured I was fine. 11 months later I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer originating from the area I had told him about 11 months prior. Could this be considered medical malpractice? And even if I am in... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 12, 2016

If an attorney can get an expert to say that if the doctor had followed through would that have made a difference. It is hard to say without seeing the records because even if you tell him and he does something, by the time you have tests or studies to figure out what is going on a month could... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on

Q: Can my doctor change my prescription without telling me?

Adam Studnicki answered on Nov 14, 2015

More information is needed to answer. Check with a local lawyer.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on

Q: I had treatment with laser that left my eyebags uneven.

I had treatment with laser that left my eyebags uneven.Before procedure I had to sign some papers thay said something like"If you are not happy with procedure you can't sue"I want to take doctor to small clames court.Can I do that and win?Bye

John M DeProspo answered on Jun 17, 2015

Small claims court is not normally a good venue for medical malpractice claims. An attorney would have to see the exact language of any document you signed. Have you tried getting a free consultation from a medical malpractice lawyer in your area?

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on

Q: My Dad recently had a major surgery in a NH hospital. One week later he starting getting very sick with and infection.

Upon the second surgery a surgical towel was found and removed. Does he have a case of medical malpractice against the hospital?

Adam Studnicki answered on May 31, 2015

Leaving items in a patient is generally a very strong signal of malpractice. Your Dad should talk to a NH medical malpractice lawyer to determine his rights and options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.