Tallahassee, FL asked in Construction Law and Contracts for Florida

Q: I have a contract with a pool company he is half way through and informed up he can’t move forward without a permit

He informed us he isn’t registered in our country to get a permit. The pool was to be completed 6-8 weeks it’s now week 9. What can I do to push him forward?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: See if you, rather than him, can apply for the permit. If your county/city requires the professional to apply for it, and he has no ability to apply, he should never have contracted with you to begin with. Discuss that issue with him and determine if you can reach some amicable resolution, such as him sub-contracting with a professional who can get the permit, with no extra charge to you - or you contracting with someone else, with him adjusting the price accordingly. If you cannot amicably resolve it, you'll need to schedule a consultation with an attorney in your area who handles contract disputes.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.