Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: If a persons parole is revoked and his street time is not granted does he go back and do 100 percent of the original p

Parole he started out with

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Short answer is yes. When he paroled, he had so many days remaining on his sentence. If granted street time, he would receive the time he was out on parole (up until the warrant being issued for the violation) subtracted from his days remaining. He could also be awarded credit for time served - the time he was in custody awaiting his parole revocation. But without either being awarded, the number of days remaining when he was paroled will be what he has left to serve. Once back in DOC custody and following the parole being revoked, he will receive the same type of credits that he received prior to being paroled (with good behavior).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.