Cincinnati, OH asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Ohio

Q: Can my mom still use a well for water.

My grandfather had some land where his house is. He gave some to my mom and uncle. My mom and grandfather and mom went half on the well. The well sits on his property. My grandfather passed away and his second wife is selling the house. My mother has used the water for 14 years. Can my use the well?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If there is no written document regarding use of the well, then it could be a problem for her. Your mother can use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local real estate attorney who can review all the facts and advise her.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.