Pittsburgh, PA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Landlord - Tenant for Ohio

Q: My Daughter is trying to get her ex boyfriends name off her apartment lease. He hasn't lived there for almost a year.

She has had major problems with him she finally got his key back and absolutely nothing in the apartment is his. They are going to be going through a custody battle come November and she needs to get on assistance for insurance for the child and she can't until his name is off the lease. Because it will show his income but he is not in the picture he lives at his parents house right now but his intentions are to get her kicked out so he can show he has a stable residence.. but like I said he has not lived there for almost a year and has not paid ANYTHING towards rent or bills in that year. This is her home along with her son when he's born in November. We need help please. He is not a good person nor his family

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If she doesn't have an attorney, she should use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local family law attorney to assist her with the custody and child support issues, and communicate with the landlord about the problem. with the lease.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.