Q: The Worker's Compensation Atterney I hired settled my PD claim w/o my consent

I told him no i wanted full disclosure of my claim and need to ask the judge for some of my $125,642 award i was put as permanet and stationary way to early by my PTP when still getting my right hand,fingers,thumb,wrist from pulling radial nerve out of my bicept from jobsite fall ,and my back and neck worked on multi Degenerative disc disease and neck i had two buldge disk pushed back in my neck by going 7 days in a row to see a Chiropractor a year ago from CumulativeTrauma from doing my job but working for two years after jobsite fall at work and not getting put on workers comp without the use of my right domenant hand ,arm which Atrophy over two years so bad i will never get function back even after multi tendon transfer surgery and right ring finger amputation surgery and having to do everything with my left its messed up my back and neck even worse, and i tried going back to work but said my Restrictions they could not Accommodate And laid me off now my attorney w/o consent settled

2 Lawyer Answers
Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Westminster, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You have not asked a question.

This Q&A board is not a place to solicit an attorney to work for you. It is a place to get general legal guidance.

Speak to your attorney about this. You cannot be forced to sign a settlement that you do not agree with. However before you walk away from a negotiated settlement be sure you understand the risks of doing so.

It might also be a good idea to have an employment law attorney look at the circumstances surrounding the employer's refusal to return you to work. There are not enough facts to indicate whether that action violated your rights, but it should be explored.

Good luck to you.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info is needed.

either ask your attorney for an explanation or contact another worker's comp lawyer.

if the worker's comp lawyer said your first lawyer did something wrong causing you to lose money, then maybe you have a legal malpractice case against him. If that was the case maybe the new worker's comp lawyer can direct you...............and consider using punctuation.

it is hard to read your missive.

Louis George Fazzi agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.