Lake Wales, FL asked in Civil Litigation for Florida

Q: Im getting charged with resisting officer without violence from 2 months ago was wondering what i was looking at

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael P Mayoral
Michael P Mayoral
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Resisting Without Violence is a first degree misdemeanor. That means the potential penalty is up to 1 year in jail or 12 months probation. These cases are hard to prove depending on what you are accused of and what county you are in. It all depends on the facts of your case. If it is your first offense, your attorney can sometimes get you into a program where you take a class, pay a fine, maybe do some community service, and all of the charges will be dismissed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.