Greenville, SC asked in Car Accidents for South Carolina

Q: If my bro accidentally hit my neighbor parked car an already paid the Damages does he still have to give him money?

My bro one day was running late for work an go in his truck an when he went to go he accidentally had it in reverse an hit the other truck. The neighbor wasn't mad he just wanted him to fix the damages an that's what my bro did an now he saying he still owes 6-700 more dollars

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A South Carolina attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. This might be a tough one because it looks like things were more or less done over a handshake, and repairs seem to have been done outside a shop. Ordinarily when insurance carriers process these PD claims, they send an adjuster out and a shop prepares an estimate, and there could be a release used at the end seal up all loose ends. If those formalities were not applied, this could be a situation where it's one person's word against another's. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.