Richmond, KY asked in Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for Kentucky

Q: Is there anything I can do about my neighbors?

I have neighbors that have been making plenty of noise since they have moved in above us. They got multiple dogs that make constant noise any time they leave, use power tools sometimes until 3am, play music so loud it echos in my apartment, and their kids ride non- street legal dirt bikes through here which our landlord has said before they would get evicted if they did it again (he’s done nothing so far.)

I am scared to address them personally as the man that lives up there has gotten into a fight with another tenant in my complex.

I have recently asked my landlord to see if he could ask them to maybe adjust the behavioral issues of their dog, and luckily they have been home so they dogs haven’t made much noise, they continue to play music so loud all through the hours of the night and slam things on the floor any time they wish.

Is there any point in calling the police to make a noise complaint? Should I be addressing this with my landlord? And what if he never solves this?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Best file a noise or nuisance complaint against them. May or maybe not resolve the issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.