Dallas, TX asked in Business Formation and Business Law for Connecticut

Q: Is it possible to hire an Attorney for just a nominee service (NOT a registered agent) for my corporate registration?

Many "publishers" offer to complete corporate registration forms for your new LLC or Corp with whichever state you choose and some offer registered agent service. Some offer an additional step by offering a nominee if you need privacy. Their rates are often double even triple what a normal provider offers. We can fill out forms ourselves but need correct steps for the nominee portion. What kind of attorney could we hire for this and how to find such?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph B. LaRocco
Joseph B. LaRocco
  • Shelton, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Most corporate attorneys can handle this. They may also be found under categories such as "corporate governance" corporate transaction" or "corporate formations" Use Justia and look under those categories.

If the attorney will act as a nominee, there may be an initial fee, but the real cost will be based on how much additional work that attorney will be required to do as a nominee. How many contracts will they be asked to review and sign as the nominee? Will their name appear on websites as the contact person?

Make sure you give the attorney as much information as you can so they can adequately advise you and give you the proper quote for their services so there are no unexpected surprises.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.