Avon, OH asked in Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Ohio

Q: in a civil forfeiture they took 800k, I am innocent. It's been 94 days and I still have not received notice of forfeit

I cannot find where this civil place is to file a claim and no one will tell me where to go to get my funds and I cannot find it on line anywhere? They are supposed to send me a notice of forfeiture within 60 days and it is much longer now. How can I find this civil place that is holding my money? I called the US Attorneys office 5 times and they will not call me back. I am not charged I am just under investigation. Michael Collyer is the US Attorney in charge of my investigation. I will win this case if I had a chance to find this civil Place that's holding my money!!!

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You need to sit down privately with an attorney. It sounds like someone, its unclear who, affected a civil forfeiture and took your money and, if that wasn't bad enough, you under criminal investigation. That's a lot going on to try to deal with by yourself.

Michael Lewis Eisner agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.