Austin, TX asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: What should I do to protect my son and I if my wife just left to another city without saying anything and left my

What should I do to protect my son and I if my wife just left to another city without saying anything and left my son behind with me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Juan G Ramos
Juan G Ramos
  • McAllen, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Every divorce and child custody case is very unique. So keep in mind that my response is general. If your wife has truly abandoned you and your child, you can immediately file a divorce or suit affecting child relationship petition requesting a temporary restraining order. This restraining order can keep your wife from taking your son out of county due to the instability within the home. I urge you to contact a divorce and family lawyer immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.