San Antonio, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: What kind of proof do I need to show the judge?

I signed for child support i wanted 50/50 custody but father said no he wants full custody he lied to the judge about my child living with him judge took his verbal word from him gave him temporarily full custody and all rights wile i pay for child support and get every 1st 3rd and 5th weekends only when I absolutely told the judge I have proof he has been living with me from schools and doctors record

1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Tanaka
Jonathan Tanaka
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Harker Heights, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I would suggest that you hire a family law attorney in the San Antonio area right away. The attorney will be able to assist you in putting forward your best argument for the upcoming final hearing or perhaps assist in settling the matter via mediation.

The fact that your child has been living with you is helpful but not necessarily determinative. An attorney will be able to discuss your situation and advise you as to how to best proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.