Springfield, MO asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Wrongful Death and Medical Malpractice for Missouri

Q: What steps do i need to take to present a wrongful death/medical malpractice/pharmacy liability case to an attorney?

I have done a lot of research on my family's behalf and we all feel that my father was a victim of unethical practice that led to his untimely passing at only 58 years of age. We would like to discuss our situation and hopefully pursue a favorable plan of action to give my father the proper justice that he deserves. Lord willing, all things will fall into place and we will b able to find peace with our devastating experience that we have endured.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Missouri attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. I'm very sorry for your family's loss. In terms of steps you could take, the most productive would be to see if you could set up a consult with a law firm. If you have medical records, those would be helpful. You outline a number of categories, and this sounds like a complex file that might involve multiple legal theories, based on your mention of med mal and pharmaceutical issues above. The applicable legal theories here are things that an experienced firm could outline for you in a consult. No one here could say whether or not you have a case - that would require detailed investigation of the records.

Most firms that handle such matters offer free initial consults and they work on a contingency basis - this is something between you and the firms you contact. I hope you and your family are able to find the peace here that you mention. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.