Sulphur, LA asked in Uncategorized for Louisiana

Q: I got a summons ticket for trespassing go to arraignment plead no contest trial date comes in the mail with2charges

One u never plead to and the judge never asks me if I needed a lawyer or could pay what do I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You post does make sense but from it, I understand that you have some pending criminal charges-----and although they are most likely misdemeanors, you should still contest them if you have legal defenses and/or think that the prosecution will not be able to provide its case-----you best bet to successfully contest the charges is to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent and guide you through this process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.