Port Chester, NY asked in Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Landlord - Tenant for New York

Q: I have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome which limits my mobility. I contacted my APT which denied a request.

When contacting the APT they claimed that I would have to get a handicap pass and then use those spots which I told them that I did not need a spot within 200ft and just need it in the front lot compared to the back lot which is much further

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: This is something that only the experienced landlord-tenant attorneys here are qualified to advise on. But your post remains open for three weeks, and you have a medical condition that is creating a hardship for you. You could reach out to the landlord-tenant attorneys here (using the Find-a-Lawyer tab or searching independently on your own) to discuss if additional documentation from your physician could be helpful in supporting your request for the different lot in terms of distance. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.