Murfreesboro, TN asked in Employment Law and Business Law for Tennessee

Q: My husband’s employer has been deducting ins. premiums out of his check every week since Nov. 2020 and not paying ins.

My husband has had almost $8500 deducted from his paycheck for insurance premiums that have not been paid by the employer. What recourse do we have? I feel we are owed that money back. Also, we’re getting bills now for medical services / doctors appointments that we assumed we had coverage for. It’s close to$20,000 at this point.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Charles Wright
Mr. James Charles Wright
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Contact the employer to determine - if this is not resolved contact the department of labor.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.