Temperance, MI asked in Consumer Law for Michigan

Q: Do I have resource to get the 1/3 of the price back that Ive already paid based on fraud?

We were referred to an independent contractor from a sunroom manufacturer Four Seasons Sunroom. The contractor came out and gave us brochures and an estimate for the sunroom. We agreed and signed the contract with his name and Four Seasons Sunroom at the top on 5/6/21. After several months of being told he was pulling permits and things would be done soon, we still have no sunroom. I called Four Seasons directly today to inquire where the actual progress was in the sunroom being built. They had no order for us. The contractor then emailed me and told me my sunroom was being built by Urban Industries, a totally different company whom I've never heard of. The contractor told us to call them if we had questions. So I did. He didn't place the order with them until the end of June, despite emails from him saying he had to word on the process on 6/23. The contractor is trying to say he verbally told my husband of the different company, which is not true.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Sounds like you want to terminate the agreement and get your deposit back, which given the delay, I can certainly appreciate. You would need to speak to a consumer rights attorney. Whether you have the resources to proceed depends greatly on the numbers involved. I would certainly start with demanding your money back in writing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.