New York, NY asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Contracts and Civil Litigation for New York

Q: Motion to Vacate or Appeal?

I recently represented myself (big mistake) and lost to an adversary with an attorney.

The judgement is an order against me but I think the judge was asleep since he got many details wrong.

Would a Motion to Vacate (based on errors and new evidence) work and what is the timeframe?

Thank you!

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin Abessi
Kevin Abessi
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franklin Lakes, NJ
  • Licensed in New York

A: Hi.

Attorneys are prohibited from soliciting in the Ask a Lawyer section. However, a search in the directory based on your needs should help you find good options for this matter.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.