Ann Arbor, MI asked in Criminal Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Civil Rights and Environmental for Michigan

Q: have a general question about noise. I have very sensitive hearing and autism and other disorders. I've contacted the bu

have a general question about noise. I have very sensitive hearing and autism and other disorders. I've contacted the business and the police about the noise but unfortunately it's gone on deaf ears. They keep playing music outside that's pounding and I'm right behind their building. Nobody else in the neighborhood is playing music like this outside. They are doing it in the morning noon and night. I don't know what to do and what legal things I can do to sue them or to make them stop.. please help

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You could try contacting the city's neighborhood / code enforcement section. If the offending property is a business, there could be some abatement issues they could consider. But if the noise falls within the city's code concerning noise (e.g. it's within prescribed reason, etc.), I'm not sure much can be done.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.