Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Environmental legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Michigan Environmental Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Real Estate Law and Environmental for Michigan on
Q: Do I need a lawyer for an actual t of God catastrophe to be paid by my insurance company under my renter's policy

Tornado. Insurance company doesn't want to pay I'm going to be homeless and I have no food, money or gas to go apply for disaster relief

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jul 15, 2024

You may need a lawyer if your insurance company isn't upholding its end of your insurance policy.

1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas and Environmental for Michigan on
Q: Hello -who can I contact about oil well noise-Onondaga,mi

constant banging day and night--is maddening worse in the evening

James Tack Jr
James Tack Jr
answered on Oct 5, 2021

You should contact the oil and gas company who is operating of the well.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Civil Rights and Environmental for Michigan on
Q: have a general question about noise. I have very sensitive hearing and autism and other disorders. I've contacted the bu

have a general question about noise. I have very sensitive hearing and autism and other disorders. I've contacted the business and the police about the noise but unfortunately it's gone on deaf ears. They keep playing music outside that's pounding and I'm right behind their... View More

Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
answered on Sep 3, 2021

You could try contacting the city's neighborhood / code enforcement section. If the offending property is a business, there could be some abatement issues they could consider. But if the noise falls within the city's code concerning noise (e.g. it's within prescribed reason, etc.),... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Real Estate Law and Environmental for Michigan on
Q: Do I have a right to request termination of lease, before my move in date, if landlord is not responding to concerns?

Do I have a right to request termination of lease, before my move in date, if no one is responding to these concerns? I found pests(bedbugs) of what I believe to be an infestation as I was cleaning the unit. I have proof and I’ve contacted the agent and the Property Manager and sent them... View More

Michael Zamzow
Michael Zamzow
answered on Mar 31, 2021

There's quite a lot of misconception around landlord and tenant laws. The Michigan Landlord Tenant handbook should be easy to find and will have some helpful information in it.

Anytime you break a contract, with a complete defense or not, you're risking retaliation (balance that...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Environmental for Michigan on
Q: R299.922(q) Civil Infraction Question

I received a civil infraction bt the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) in a state park. The Civil infraction is R299.922(q). I am trying to understand the penalties that come with this CI as the ranger said it was just a fine but I want to make sure it doesn't show up on my driving record... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 2, 2021

A Michigan attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for a month. As a general matter, each state might operate differently in terms of what their Departments of Natural Resources (or Environmental Protection, Wildlife, Fisheries, etc.) share with their Departments of Motor Vehicles.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for Michigan on
Q: I stayed in a hotel for 118 days this year that was shut down by the fire marshal because they didn’t replace a panel

Saying it would just be a couple days all they had to do was replace a panel they forgot to but when the fire marshal returned when the panel was replaced he did a fuller inspection and found the dryer was so full of lint it was actually all the way up in the ceiling going about 40 feet back. This... View More

Trent Harris
Trent Harris
answered on Aug 28, 2020

Dear Davisburg,

Your question references a condition at the property which could've, but in actuality did not adversely affect you. In the eyes of the law, you lack standing to sue, because you have not suffered a particularized injury traceable to the hotel's conduct. Sure, you...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Environmental for Michigan on
Q: I came in contact with silicosis dust from diamertous earth and i already had COPD anyways this powderly stuff

This powedrly stuff was put onto my capeting by my sister inlaw anyways afterwards after i inhauled this chemical called diametrous earth 3 days after i inhauled this powderly chemical 3 days afterwards i ended up into the hospital with small bowel obstruction i had to go through surgery because of... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 27, 2020

You should contact a Michigan attorney if this is something on which you are contemplating a claim. Your post remains open for a week and it looks like two-plus years have already elapsed. You should act without further delay to discuss state statutes of limitations for the applicable legal... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Environmental for Michigan on
Q: I currently living with my parents and they want to kick me out of the house.

The bill is under my name. The house almost payoff. Co-owner with them.

Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
answered on Jul 25, 2019

Without more detail it is impossible to provide a specific answer, and frankly, more specifics in a public forum would be inapporopriate. PLEASE consult with a local real estate attorney to review your whole situation and provide you real advice.

That said, if you are a 'co...
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Environmental and Public Benefits for Michigan on
Q: My linen on the bed at hotel was not changed I slept in the bed for two when I realized the sheets were solid.Can I sue?

I did not check the bed as I would normally. The second night I put a pillow under my leg. The next morning I noticed the sheets were solid. I had slept under these for two days. I have to wait a couple of weeks to be tested for hepatitis. I am very upset. This is a major chain. They asked what... View More

Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
answered on Oct 23, 2018

You can, of course, sue, but I'm not sure what that will get you. You'd need to prove damages to substantiate a monetary value. Assuming the best-and most likely scenario: this was a housekeeping error, and whomever slept in the bed before you was an ordinary and clean person, I'm... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.