Peoria, IL asked in Contracts and Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: I have a complicated legal problem that starts with being charged with party to a crime for someone else's act

The people that committed the crime gained access to my car that was impounded when they wouldn't tell me where it was and they stole items from me out of my car in the police department I don't know how about going to file a lawsuit against the county the lawyer I paid every penny from savings to selling my items doesn't seem to even call me back to let me go know what's going on my court case is in October and I don't know if I lost you against the county for them allowing these people to steal from me which is suspicious in my opinion or the car company that literally did repossess my vehicle without sending me any notice they didn't give me an inventory list of what was in there and they even told me an email that they had disposed of my items and sold it when they didn't I don't know where to go I need to sit down and talk to somebody because I'm on the verge of another nervous breakdown.

Should I file suit against the county would that help my case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Avoid the very first, and sadly, the most typical legal mistake many people make in the beginning of the legal process: do not make any legal decisions, actions, filings, appearances, concessions, admissions, clarifications without first discussing your exact criminal exposure to possible criminal charges directly with an commensurate criminal defense attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.