Lafayette, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: I am on H4 ead visa.Valid for 2 years.Husband is forcing me to leave the US or he will leave to nullify my status.

Can my husband force me to leave the US or can he nullify my visa by traveling back to his country.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL

A: Unfortunately, yes.

If the Principal H1B foreign national cancels one's immigrant visa scope, duties or status and travels to one's home country, then, by operation of law, any H4B Beneficiary loses one's Beneficiary lawful status as well.

In terms of "forcing you to leave the United States" that is a completely separate legal matter that needs to be discussed only confidentially and never in any open source forum for obvious reasons.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.