Hanover, MD asked in Family Law and Probate for Michigan

Q: I have petitions for full guardian/conservatory of my mother's estate in Wayne County.I live & work in DC I need help!

I was informed by physician at Mama's rehab center to get full guardian/conservatory petitions. After a lot of work and headache, I have both petitions. The problems have not been reduced. An inventory form is due within 56 days. I am on 30 days. Where do I go for help now? Eldercare and free advice has gotten me to this point. What happens if my inventory form is not complete? I asked for an extension a few weeks ago. I was denied. I live and work in DC. I plan to return to Detroit in the middle or end of October. The form is due Oct. 4. Do I have to get a probate lawyer in that county to do this work now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Fowlerville, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Absolutely yes, you need to hire a Wayne County attorney to help.

You should have done that from the start, but it is never too late.

Look here for someone with offices in Wayne County who is familiar with that court's requirements

as they are generally NOT the same as those in the rest of the state, and it helps to gt someone who knows

what the Court will be looking for!

--This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship. I am licensed to practice in Michigan only. Please seek competent local legal help if you feel you need legal advice!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.