Bakersfield, CA asked in Personal Injury, Copyright and Arbitration / Mediation Law for California

Q: His do I file a formal writ to the courts for personal possession?

1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Some Judicial Council forms deal with the right to possession. They can be found on your Local Superior Court website under "Forms: State forms". They may give you some ideas, and they will cite some statutes regarding writs for possession. Consult a local attorney about recovering personal property.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.