Asked in Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Okay I’m 17 and I’m wanting to date this 20 year old I’ve been talking to I want to know how I can get It legal

Okay he’s 20 And I’m in the dhs system but live with my grandma I want to know if there is anyway I can get consent from the person I’m staying with and a price of paper signed and legalized to state we are allowed to date and get rule and boundary so we don’t get into trouble we are not about the sexual explicit we just want love and stuff if u know where I’m comeing from we just really need some help

1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You would have to discuss this with your legal guardian.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.