Clinton, WA asked in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Washington

Q: I am being sued for personal injury and cannot find anyone to represent me. "services" does not show defense.

Every single office I have called says they prosecute, but do not defend. How am I supposed to defend myself??

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week, and time is of the essence in your reply to the summons and complaint. The problem you encounter is common. It is generally more difficult to find defense counsel than plaintiff counsel for personal injury matters with smaller private practice firms, as you describe here. And if you approach attorney referral services, a lot of them tend to be geared more toward plaintiff work. You could try your luck with larger litigation firms, some of whom are already set up for defense work through their institutional clients. You could also check in with the Washington State Bar Association to see if they have any resources that might be helpful. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.