Denville, NJ asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for New Jersey

Q: I am an unemployed mom who's husband is now withholding his income, the household income, in an effort to

control me. Is this considered domestic abuse in NJ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Diamond
Richard Diamond
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Millburn, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: If your spouse is refusing to provide you will support, you can file an application with the court for interim support. You can file it pro se and the intake person at the family court intake office can give you the forms to fill out. Fill out the information and then file your application. He will then get a copy of the paperwork and he can file his opposition, etc and you can file a reply and then the court will set a return date to address your request for a support order

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.