Haddonfield, NJ asked in Criminal Law for Maryland

Q: I took Alfred plea the judge that over saw the proceedings has recently been indicted and killed himself

Do i have any rightsI am now a convicted felon for a crime i didnt do with my jail time served and 3 yrs probation and alot of legal fees

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Wilson McGraw
Michael Wilson McGraw
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Annapolis , MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: I would suggest contacting competent counsel. You may eligible to file for post-conviction relief if you are on parole/probation or file a Writ of Error Coram Nobis, which is similar. You are not going to be the only one with this issue. I expect there will be numerous filings from others.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.