Springdale, AR asked in Landlord - Tenant for Arkansas

Q: Our rent money went into the Landlords bank but to another persons account, now they want to kick us out?

We paid our rent and it went into another persons account and we don't understand why they served us papers saying we have to pay more then what are rent is or we are going to be getting evicted in 5 days but we paid our rent and we have the proof! Is that legal for them to do that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dustin A. Duke
Dustin A. Duke
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: More information is needed to fully answer your question. However, if you have been served with legal papers (a complaint, summons, and notice of intent to issue writ of possession) it is important that you file a timely objection before the five day period runs. Your objection must be filed with the circuit clerk's office in the county in which you were sued. It must reach the clerk by the five-day dead, so it is advisable to file your objection in person instead of mailing it in.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.