Asked in Child Custody for Mississippi

Q: My mother has guardianship of my children and wants and is willing to give custody back to me. She lives in Neshoba.

My mother has guardianship of my children and wants and is willing to give custody back to me. She lives in Neshoba County. Our Court has been handled in Simpson County because that is where me and my ex-husband resided when we got a divorce and that is where the child custody started. But, my mother has nothing to do with Simpson county and resides in Neshoba County and now has guard ship. So, when we go back to court….Can we go to Neshoba County

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: No. You must go back to the Court that issued the guardianship order to make any changes to it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.