Hodgenville, KY asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Kentucky

Q: Do I have to let my ex take our 1 year old daughter to Tennessee if I'm not comfortable with it?

We have a verbal custody agreement so as to avoid going to court and neither one of us pays the other child support. We agreed on a 50/50 schedule. His set days are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Mine are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. We alternate Saturdays. He has blocked my number multiple times when he has her. He has barely kept communications open with me in regards to our daughter whether it be over text or phone calls even in emergency situations. I'm scared he'll take her to Tennessee and not come back. Can I tell him no?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: If the child is endangered by going to TN, then no. If you’re just not comfortable with it, then discuss additional safeguards that would make you comfortable with letting the child go.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.