Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law for Nevada

Q: Me and the Father of my kids DON'T get along but he insist in order for him to help me he has to be at my house

If not he won't help me and he has another child with someone else and she has no problem after taking him to court but I've tried to work with him but his abusive and won't help if his not at my house my Question what do I do he has his own place well he lives with son and takes other daughter over there for days at a time but won't willing help me if his not at my house

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Hello,

This can be a frustrating situation.

Our firm believes in having a Custody Decree in place so the expectations and rules are in writing and filed with the court. Having this protection allows both parties to have a guideline or "rulebook" to follow to co-parent healthily.

If for any reason, one of the parties doesn't not follow the Decree the other party has ground to stand on and is able to take the other to court for failure to comply with the Court Filed Decree.

If you are in the Las Vegas jurisdiction and would like legal assistance with this matter, please give our office a call to schedule an appointment or visit our website.

LJ Law

(702) 998-1188

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.