Fargo, ND asked in Uncategorized for North Dakota

Q: How can i get a restraining order in ND? Ive been physically assulted by 2 girls and i don't know what they be charged a

I had 2 girls making treats to hurt me and i barely know them. Two days ago they have jumped at me and i have been physically assulted harassed and stalked. I dont know when prosecutor will charge them but i would like to file a restraining order and i dont know first girls full name or any information. I know second girls full name date of birth and phone number. Since they haven't been charged and i dont know their full information i dont know if i still be able to file restraining order on them. Please help in how can i protect myself from them in a future. I suffered significant injury fever blackeye, they split my head open and many bruises.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: You should file a police report. If there is a criminal case filed against them or a juvenile case, it will likely come along with an order prohibiting contact. Otherwise, you'd need to go to the courthouse and request a restraining order.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.