Dallas, TX asked in Domestic Violence and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: pro se what can be filed post judgment protective order if the victim keeps contacting them by Facebook?

Alleged victim filed a report In a different county making false allegations and misrepresentations of her protective order to an officer that caused defendant to be arrested and charged for violation of protection order. Eventually defendant proved there was no probable cause so prosecutor immediately dismissed it. Recently the victim has been trying to call, message, and send photos and video by Facebook messenger of their child. But the false allegation she had him arrested for was that he tried to make contact with the child while at the court house which was not only untrue the order did not include the child as a protective party. The protective order has been in place for over 3 yrs by default judgment. What motion is petitioned or what similar case examples are there that dealt with new evidence that no victim exists or that victim was in violation of oklahoma statute title 22-60.9(E)?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anna L Self
Anna L Self
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I don't know any similar case examples. If there is new evidence that there was no victim, you can file a Motion to Vacate the Protective Order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.