Rochester, NY asked in Car Accidents for New York

Q: My daughter's car got backed into at a gas station. Her car was damaged. At fault driver now changing story. Proceed?

No police report was filed (error). Can't access video from the gas station apparently with out police approval, but no report. Insurance company says her word vs, his. Any recourse?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If the matter involved low-level/low-speed property losses only, it could sometimes be difficult to arrange for an attorney to handle on a contingency basis. Depending on the type of policy, the carrier could pursue damages from the other side. Whether you act through the insurance carrier, attorney consult, or investigator, it could be worth keeping in mind that some of the evidence here (video footage, eye witness testimony, etc.) could require quick action not to risk losing. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.