Deltona, FL asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: My Grandfather fought in court for his land since he had since he was 16. He built a small house there.

Then met my grandma and had 4 kids (never married). They broke up when my mom was in her early teens. He moved in with an other woman. Years later my grandma passes and his son lived in the home on and off. In Vieques there was some property thing that happened and his son put his name on that paper work. My grandfather didn't know he did that. Years later he and is son went to court to try and fix the paper work since his son is claiming everything is his now. He lost because the time expired for him to fight it. Now my grandfather's lawyer is saying that legally the house was never in question. Just the land and that the house belongs to him and his 4 children (inheritance). My uncle is claiming no. Is there away to clear this up and is it true what his lawyers said?

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: So you're talking about property in Vieques, Puerto Rico? If so, you must consult an attorney who is a member of the Puerto Rico Bar Association (either a lawyer in Puerto Rico or one who is a member of that Bar but practices elsewhere). Also, even if you were talking about property in Florida, you would not be able to get an answer for your issue on-line because documents would need to be reviewed, and questions would need to be asked, in order to evaluate the matter.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.