Asked in Medical Malpractice for Nevada

Q: How would I obtain a hospitals documented timeline of my father's health while he was in there care?

My father is currently in a Nevada hospital, now at day 5 we're told he might not make it. He was having cold like symtoms and slight shortness of breath, he was contemplating even going but decided to just to have them take a look just in case. He wasn't struggling, no signs of of lack of oxygen he was coherent like normal breathing normaly on his own he Walked in just fine, next day they call and say he needed to be sedated and on a ventilator. I would just like to get the documentation showing how bad he got in one night that lead the Dr to make the decision that the ventilator was the best option.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: The hospital’s medical records. Also known as the chart.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.