Orlando, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: Is an 11 yr old who lives in Fl able to decide to see her dad when her mom won't allow it & refuses to work out custody

The mother doesn't allow any contact and there is absolutely no custody arrangements, however the daughter and father found each other via snapchat and have been carefully communicating because he is afraid the mother may get upset with their daughter.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Liang
Linda Liang
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Are they divorced? Is there any parental plan agreement? if there is one, the father can go to court to apply for a court order to enforce the agreement. If there is not, the father should also go to court to ask for an order to enforce visitation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.