Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nevada

Q: If I go to police station saying I’m concerned of my nephews well being? Haven’t spoke to him for 7 month

I raised my nephew 2-6 yrs old hrs 8 now his dad never was around my sister really dnt care about his future she doesn’t even let him comb his hair with gel she moved to Vegas in March I haven’t spoke to him my sister doesn’t let him contact me out of spite n jealousy well I heard she was trying to get a restraining order on me i have no violent history or ever done anything to harm anyone I got the address we’re they are staying at and I just want to go see him but I’m not trying to go go jail idk if I should stop at police station first, I know he’s not my kid but I can’t just leave it alone I raised a good boy for a evil sister what would be the best way to go about this plz lmk

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: it is a very commendable thing you have done in caring for your nephew. unfortunately if there is no court order giving you rights to custody or guardianship of your nephew, you don't really have legal rights.

if you are concerned about the safety of your nephew, you can always ask for a welfare check from the police or call child protective services if you feel your nephew is in danger.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.