Port Hueneme, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: What are my options?

Hello, I would like to find out what my options are? 4 years ago my visa expired. I was able to marry an american so I didn’t have to leave. We started to apply to adjust my status. However, I got busy with partying and having fun that I dropped the ball and never followed through with the process. Fast forward to now. My wife found out I been living a double life and that I married her only to stay in the country. She found my secret social media and now she is filling for divorce. During all this our immigration lawyer dropped us. What are my options? Can i still adjust my status while going through a divorce? I have copies of my wife’s documentation, can i just submit her paperwork? Can I get married to someone else immediately and try again? Can I be deported? I am having issues filling taxes because of my status as well

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: You have admitted to attempted marriage fraud in order to get your green card. Not smart at all on a public forum that anyone can read. Consult in private with an experienced immigration attorney and take this question down ASAP.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.