Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: How can I change child Custody agreement if there was no Substantial change since it was approved?

Agreement states I see my kids every other weekend, i requested my ex for more time, she refused. My kids requested to spend more time with me, their mom refused. They dont want to go back to their mom after their visit, they feel overly stressed and distraught. A Lawyer i spoke to said there is nothing that can be done without a substantial change since the divorce. Do i need to call Child protective services if i suspect mental abuse is happening with my kids?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Liang
Linda Liang
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Mental abuse can be qualified as substantial change. The key is that you need to have evidence. Once you do, find an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.