Houston, TX asked in Landlord - Tenant for Texas

Q: A house I own has become uninhabitable. Can I evict the tenant for unhealthy living conditions?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Tanaka
Jonathan Tanaka
  • Harker Heights, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It depends. I would reach out to a landlord-tenant attorney in your area (Houston) and bring the lease with you and any documentation (photos, videos) with you to the consult. They will be able to assist in helping to you determine if there are grounds for an eviction. Generally, if there is a violation of the lease, you should be able to start the eviction process. It's always best to have an attorney to assist you with this process to make sure you do it correctly and to represent you in court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.