Houston, TX asked in Probate for Oklahoma

Q: Disabled son lives in inherited home. The home is in probate. Can my son keep this home? Air-Evac wants payment.

The hospital wrote off my son's fathers bill, Air-Evac wants 64, 000 . This would mean my son would have to sell his home to pay his dad's life flight bill. Does my son have any rights since he is disabled and on SSDI ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You need to contact a probate attorney as soon as possible to give them all the details and specifics. This is not something you need to wait on or attempt to handle yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.