Manchester Township, NJ asked in Family Law for New Jersey

Q: I need to know who runs a background check when the court does an appoint a supervisor for supervised visiyi

I just need to know if I can go and pick up my daughter as the court order states even though my daughters father refuses to agree on anything with me and is stalling to make me miss all my visits with my child and I haven’t seen her in over two months he also confiscated her phone so we cannot talk that way either and for no reason just hate I suppose My daughters father and his lawyer keep stalling with the new excuse every week and it caused me to miss my first two weekends of supervisors with my daughter I have another one coming up on Saturday but they’re demanding Dcpnp approve the women that I chose for the supervisors and the DC PNP run a background check however Dcpnp refuses to be involved I cannot find somebody who will tell me who was supposed to run the background check

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Diamond
Richard Diamond
  • Millburn, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your ex has court ordered physical custody of your daughter and there is an order in place giving you supervised parenting time with your daughter and the issue outstanding focuses on who is qualified to be the supervisor for your parenting time. Im guessing that the order for supervised parenting time either says that an agreed upon supervisor needs to be in place or it says that DCPP is to put in place a supervisor.

Im also guessing that If the order says that you and he need to agree on a supervisor, then I gather your ex is saying that he wants a background check done on the proposed supervisor and you are trying to figure out how to get a background check performed and DCPP is not offering to perform it since they didn't provide the person.

Presuming that my understanding is correct as to the issue outstanding, my suggestion is to permit the other lawyer to run the background check or ask him how the check is to be run since DCPP will not do so. When he has no suggestions, then you should contact the judges chambers of the judge who issued the order and ask him to clarify his order because of this roadblock.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.