Sterling Heights, MI asked in Consumer Law for Michigan

Q: How can I file a small claims suit in MI against Staylisted SEO of Phoenix Arizona?

Staylisted did not do anything to justify their charges. Thay are not willing to give me a copy of the verbal over the phone agreement or a list of their promised services. They charged me over $1,200 for nothing. They have numerous complaints and negative reviews. My business is financially crippled due to Covid 19. I desperately need my money back.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You need to look over your agreement carefully. You might find a clause that says you must either first submit to arbitration and jurisdiction for any suit is in Arizona. That would likely make it cost prohibitive for you to sue for such a relatively small dollar amount unfortunately. You may want to contact a consumer rights attorney to see if there are any claims under the Consumer Protection Act.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.