Dallas, TX asked in Social Security for Texas

Q: I need a lawyer to retype petition

I’ve submitted a petition to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals but they want it wrote in different format, HELP

They gave Social Security to a White individual and not me and that’s discrimination,

The windfall law was removed in 1983, the Railroad Retirement Board gives Social Security to the career retirees

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Raleigh, NC

A: You are not going to find a lawyer who will just reformat your pleadings. I also do not think you need a lawyer who handles Social Security cases.

From your question I think you are suing Social Security for discrimination. If so, you need to find and hire a lawyer who handles federal anti-discrimination claims that is in Texas and admitted to practice before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. That lawyer will know all of the local and federal rules regarding the content and format of the pleadings. At this level you really need the advantage of having an attorney represent you. The attorney can also help you determine the best arguments to make based on the decision from the lower court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.